This recipe is not only incredibly easy to make but the falling-off-the-bone, marinade filled goodness of the pork ribs will have your guests raving for days!
- St Louis Pork Spare Ribs (approx 1.6kg)
- 3 Tbsp Chinese Five-Spice or any other herb or rub combination you like
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Half a jar of Hoisin Sauce
- A good glug of sweet chilli sauce (to your taste)
- Light soy sauce to thin down slightly and make sauce more savoury (to your taste)
- 1 tsp Chinese Five-Spice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Generously rub ribs with Chinese Five-Spice or the rub of your choice
- Drizzle with olive oil and a good grind of salt and pepper
- Line a roasting dish with 2-3 layers of foil (this will save your cleaning job later!) and place prepared ribs on tray then cover with 2-3 layers of foil and secure edges to contain flavours and moisture
- Bake in oven for 3-4hrs - the longer the ribs cook the more the meat will fall off the bone
- Remove from oven for the last 10mins of cooking time, remove foil cover and pour juices from pan into marinade
- Turn oven up to 200C, baste ribs with marinade and return to oven.
- Keep basting regularly - every minute - to build up a really good layer of dark, sticky glaze.
Serve with remaining marinade in a bowl to drizzle or dunk ribs.
To make marinade
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot
- Pour in remaining juices from ribs roasting dish
- Bring to a light simmer to combine well before basting ribs