Lamb necks provide the richest flavour for this hearty homestyle stew. Either slow cooked in the oven or slow cooker for 7hrs or just 1hr in the pressure cooker and all that gorgeous glutenous meat and bone marrow breaks down to give the most delicious meal with minimal effort...
- Olive Oil x1tbsp
- Garlic x3 cloves crushed
- Lamb Neck Chops x2kg
- Flour – to coat chops lightly
- Carrots x3-4 - peeled and quartered into large chunks
- Celery x2 - chopped
- Parsnip or Beetroot x2 - peeled and quartered into large chunks
- Onions x2 - peeled quartered
- Thyme x3 sprigs
- Rosemary x1 large sprig
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Stock x1L or to cover
- Heat a pan or the pressure cooker with garlic in olive oil.
- Lightly brown the neck chops in batches.
- Place everything in the pressure cooker for 1hr at the maximum setting or a slow cooker for 7hrs.
Serve with potato mash and your favourite greens.