This family favourite is a twist on the fabulously easy recipe by Anabel Langbein with a few added extras of traditional Christmas garnishings. We hope you love it as much as we do!
As recommended by the celebrated home cook herself, we only use free-range, happy pork which (we think) makes for a much better flavour. Just a handful ingredients, a short 30mins and you'll have your delicious Christmas ham in the oven - leaving plenty of time to prep some easy sides for your lunch or dinner feast with family and friends.
Our whole smoked ham is available per kg, just adjust the quantity to tell us what size your prefer.
- 1 Whole Ham
- 70 Whole Cloves
- 1C Apricot Jam
- 1/4C Brandy
- 1 Tin Pineapple Rings to garnish
- Glazed Cherries & Toothpicks to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place ham on a large oven tray and warm in oven for 10-15mins until the skin starts to loosen (this helps it to peel off easily).
- Remove ham from oven and increase temperature to 180C.
- Cut through the skin to peel off the ham gently - remember we want to keep all that lovely flat to assist our glaze and return the flavour! Discard the skin.
- Use a sharp knife to lightly score the fat in diagonal crosshatches - be careful not to cut through to the meat otherwise it will split while cooking!
- Insert a clove into each intersection of the crosshatches.
- Mix together apricot jam and brandy, and brush generously over the ham.
- Garnish the ham with pineapple rings then insert a glazed cherry spiked onto a toothpick into the middle of each pineapple to secure - add extra glaze if you like.
- Keep aside any extra glaze for basting during cooking.
- Put ham in the oven and back until golden - approx 1hr.
The best way to store your ham is by either keeping it in a damp muslin bag or soak a clean tea towel in cold water and wrap around the ham while in the fridge - slice off and serve as you need!