A chicken Maryland is a cut of chicken which contains both the drumstick and thigh. You can do any number of recipes with this cut and here’s one we really love…
This easy, Greek-style, lemon baked Chicken Maryland with potatoes and herbs is a one pot meal.
- 4 pieces chicken maryland
- 1/2 kg potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon | 15g rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon | 20g minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
- Alternative: place everything in a ziplock bag and refrigerate.
- Remove marinated chicken from the fridge at least 2 hours prior.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to a heat proof container or heavy based pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F | 190C
- Baked for 45 minutes until chicken marylands turn brown.
- Remove chicken pieces to a platter and continue to bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan to soak in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.